Unresolved questions

Discussion related to Leftover Soup

Re: Unresolved questions

Postby KrenkoMobBoss » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 am

lemma wrote:
Piomicron wrote:I've got an unresolved question: If Max's potential partners have to go through a screening process, then why does she casually just sleep with that programmer who was not getting arrested?


When does that happen? What programmer?

I assume they mean Ross Andrews. If memory serves, he was last seen here, being offered curry. When you say "sleep with," are you referring to the quick grope she offered him? I've never heard that term used to refer to that before.... but, I guess we're meant to assume this kind of thing isn't something she needs clearance for. Or perhaps she considered it an emergency to her ethics and apologized for it later. Or perhaps she simply never told anyone, since it was a fairly minor encounter, if you even count it as sexual in nature.
Tap: Create X 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens, where X is the number of Goblins you control.
User avatar
KrenkoMobBoss
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: Unresolved questions

Postby Piomicron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Ah, I thought she then proceeded to run to somewhere where they could sleep together, but looking at it again, it nowhere suggests that that's what they did.
Piomicron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Unresolved questions

Postby Piomicron » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:13 am

Why does Jamie not realise what's in the smoothie here --> 'http://www.leftoversoup.com/archive.php?num=616', when he was so able to identify every ingredient in a different smoothie?
Piomicron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Unresolved questions

Postby ExPostNinja » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Piomicron wrote:Why does Jamie not realise what's in the smoothie here --> 'http://www.leftoversoup.com/archive.php?num=616', when he was so able to identify every ingredient in a different smoothie?

I think there are a couple of reasons he has that reaction.

1) In the first instance, Jamie was told to close his eyes and just try it, then rattle off the flavors. He shut his eyes and focused solely on the ingredients, which he could then identify. In the second case, he wasn't focused on figuring out what went into the smoothie, but on discussing things with Bruce.

2) Jamie's subsequent comment doesn't indicate so much what is in the drink so much as the portions. You'll remember that his mixed liquor fooled Max into thinking it was more or less straight fruit juice. So while he might have known what was in the drink, he might not have realized the amounts of the additive.

3) "So you're saying I should sip this" is a mild running joke with beverages in the strip. Same with no one getting their chipotle turkey panini. (Ellen also tries to get one to no avail at one point.)
Name: Eliot Lefebvre
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Age: 33
Likes his spouse like he likes his coffee: Strong, flavorful, stimulating, and unique
User avatar
ExPostNinja
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 7:47 am
Location: Big Ed's Eats & Cthonic Mythos Depository

Re: Unresolved questions

Postby Thozmp » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 am

Not sure if it's okay to post after the thread hasn't moved for so long, but I did have a question that went unresolved: Did Jamie ever find out the reason that his aura/soul couldn't be seen? Did it actually have to do with the grey shirt, or was he really a soulless automaton all along?
Thozmp
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:38 am

Re: Unresolved questions

Postby Merle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Thozmp wrote:Not sure if it's okay to post after the thread hasn't moved for so long, but I did have a question that went unresolved: Did Jamie ever find out the reason that his aura/soul couldn't be seen? Did it actually have to do with the grey shirt, or was he really a soulless automaton all along?


I don't think we ever did, and that bugs me.
Neither a creeper nor a jackass be; if you manage these two things, everything else should work itself out.
User avatar
Merle
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Unresolved questions

Postby Jim Nickabocker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:24 am

Merle wrote:
Thozmp wrote:Not sure if it's okay to post after the thread hasn't moved for so long, but I did have a question that went unresolved: Did Jamie ever find out the reason that his aura/soul couldn't be seen? Did it actually have to do with the grey shirt, or was he really a soulless automaton all along?


I don't think we ever did, and that bugs me.


Pretty sure it's okay to post here whenever you like. Any and all activity is welcome! But yea, I don't believe that ever really got resolved. Just like Nicole and John's past, there's a chance Tailsteak always meant it to be left sort of ambiguous. He likes doing that XD
User avatar
Jim Nickabocker
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: Unresolved questions

Postby Warjikin » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Did we ever get a definitive answer to how Max can afford her rent working part time at an animal shelter? I have a theory that she gets some kind of welfare based on disability for mental health.
Warjikin
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 am

Previous

Return to Leftover Soup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron