1008: Toby

Discussion related to Leftover Soup

Re: 1008: Toby

Postby KrenkoMobBoss » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:07 pm

You're completely missing the whole purpose of why Nicole is giving Toby nothing by gender neutral toys right now: to fuck with Lily. Direct from the underpage text: "Nicole's just having a bit of fun with Lily." With that perspective in mind, no, that chart is inaccurate. (and also, it could stand to be a heck of a lot smaller too. I keep most of my screen very dark due to light sensitivity and here come a massive white chart, jesus....)

I don't think Nicole is planning to raise Toby with intent to say "You are neither a girl nor a boy until you make that decision for yourself." I think the entire purpose of all this neutrality is to obfuscate the gender of her daughter from her misandrist friend for the sake of fucking around. Maybe I'm wrong on my assumptions, but I see a paltry bit of evidence supporting my theory - "Nicole's just having a bit of fun with Lily." - and zero evidence supporting the opposing theory.
Tap: Create X 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens, where X is the number of Goblins you control.
KrenkoMobBoss

Postby Piomicron » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:19 am

Never really understood why people get their sex change because they identify more with the other sex. Isn't that just giving credit to the assumption that you have to have a certain set of genitals to enjoy a certain set of things?
Piomicron

Postby MakorDal » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 am

KrenkoMobBoss wrote:Or even simpler argument: giving your child gender neutral toys and clothes and stuff isn't abuse or neglect. Failing to show them love or tend to their needs, or taking deliberate action to harm them, that is abuse and neglect. The Butterfly Effect is garbage; green clothes and genderless toys won't ruin a child.

Krenko drops the mic.

Kids need to know their gender, whatever they choose/become later, because its a basis of ones' identity. Giving only gender neutral toys/stuff will also exclude your kid from groups where kids play with "gendered" toys. The same problem happens with kids that can't see current kids show, for example.
Letting the kid grow a safe and solid image of self is more important.

After that, downplaying traditional gender role or over selling it is another question.
MakorDal

Postby KrenkoMobBoss » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:31 am

KrenkoMobBoss wrote:I don't think Nicole is planning to raise Toby with intent to say "You are neither a girl nor a boy until you make that decision for yourself." I think the entire purpose of all this neutrality is to obfuscate the gender of her daughter from her misandrist friend for the sake of fucking around.
Tap: Create X 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens, where X is the number of Goblins you control.
KrenkoMobBoss

Postby cleveresttitle » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Piomicron wrote:Never really understood why people get their sex change because they identify more with the other sex. Isn't that just giving credit to the assumption that you have to have a certain set of genitals to enjoy a certain set of things?

No.
she/her/hers
hOI! i'm tempe
cleveresttitle

Postby Darkfeather21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 pm

cleveresttitle wrote:
Piomicron wrote:Never really understood why people get their sex change because they identify more with the other sex. Isn't that just giving credit to the assumption that you have to have a certain set of genitals to enjoy a certain set of things?

No.

Wrong link.
Darkfeather21

Postby Mortellaro » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:05 am

ren wrote:Krenko I think you misunderstand. I'm not saying Nicole shouldn't give her kid "gender neutral" toys and clothes. I'm saying all kid's toys and clothes should be considered gender neutral:

Lol.
Mortellaro

Previous

Return to Leftover Soup