1026: Profitable Arrangement

Discussion related to Leftover Soup

1026: Profitable Arrangement

Postby dr pepper » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:29 pm

And she's streaking her hair too. Next she'll be doing yoga.
dr pepper

Re: 1026: Profitable Arrangement

Postby Killjoy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:22 am

Or she's letting it grow out uncolored?
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Postby monsterzero » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:35 am

Are there any PC components of equal or lesser value than a smoothie?
monsterzero

Postby MitchellTF » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 am

*Sighs*

You know, while I really like this comic...I've noticed that, well...it violates the Babylon 5 rule.

"Always show the most interesting part of someone's life".

Amd, all the character development is...back loaded. But DAMN is it fun.
MitchellTF

Postby Killjoy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:18 pm

monsterzero wrote:Are there any PC components of equal or lesser value than a smoothie?

Is it the value of the receipt, or the value of one smoothie?

There are components that easily cost less than an order of 4 to 6 large smoothies with add-in "boosters" at some of these smoothie places.
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Postby Merle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:59 am

I love the idea of their hair colors mixing as they come to terms.

He starts off with light hair and dark eyebrows, she with the reverse.
Then their colors start mixing in the previous comic. And in this one, she and he are half-and-half - and each one's eyebrows, it turns out, always matched the hair color of the other!
Neither a creeper nor a jackass be; if you manage these two things, everything else should work itself out.
Merle

Postby Chimerasame » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:47 am

Yay more Lily-healthiness!

You know, while I really like this comic...I've noticed that, well...it violates the Babylon 5 rule.

I donno if it's fair to hold that against the dialogue-less post-ending epilogue artwork.

Are there any PC components of equal or lesser value than a smoothie?

Smoothies can ramp up a bit if you put like herbal/energy/vitamin/etc shots into 'em... and while most PC components are still more expensive, I can imagine there'd be some cheap enough ones, especially if Lily's shop deals in used parts. Old CD/DVD/floppy drives, and the like. Maybe even like, smaller monitors many folks don't want anymore. Among new things, perhaps small USB paraphernalia like flash drives, wireless connectors, and charging cables. Cables in general, actually -- hdmi, cat5, etc, can be cheap enough if you avoid overpriced brands and don't get super long ones.

Also, of course, it's possible to get like five smoothies, say, one for everybody in your pentad, just to name a random example off the top of my head, and then that should be enough to cover a wider swath of PC components. :)

Customers probably do use it the other way around more. Maybe Bruce doesn't mind.
Chimerasame

Postby MitchellTF » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am

Pardon me, Chimerasame. I wasn't clear. My issue is that the epilogue comics, to an extent, are more 'interesting' then the main story, in the sense that there is more active character development, and such.

Like...Max never really LEARNS anything in the comic. Jamie mainly learns 'what he needs to learn'. Ellen doesn't really learn that much. Lily never learns anything. Gina just takes the first step. The character who shifts things is only introduced in the very end.

That said...I LOVE the comic. Part of it is, honestly? I wish there were more then 1,000 strips!
MitchellTF

Postby Piomicron » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:42 am

Trouble is, Tailsteak often has a deadline, and he intends to finish by then. I was very sad to see 1/0 go...
Piomicron

Postby ElZoof » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Maybe an 8" floppy disk? Or a SCART cable? A copy of "Dvorak's Guide to PC Gaming"?
ElZoof

Next

Return to Leftover Soup