Saving Eliza

Serious discussions on politics, religion, and the like.

Saving Eliza

Postby MysticWav » Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 am

Hi, All

Sorry if this inappropriate to post here. It's certainly not meant as a guilt trip, but I feel obligated to do my part. The TLDR is that there is a little girl who has a disease that will cripple and then kill her. There is a potential treatment that has worked well in animal testing, but the funding is not there to run the human trials. Her family is trying to raise money to fund the trial in order to save her life. The story has been covered by national media, which is where I found it first, so it is unlikely to be a scam. They've come a long way, but they still have a decent chunk to go. If you have the time to read the longer version and/or the money to help, please visit the funding campaign below.

http://www.gofundme.com/ElizaONeill

It frustrates me so much that we live in a society where Arby's is going to be spending the sum they need to run a 13 hour commercial on a TV station in Duluth, Minnesota of meet just cooking, and that medical research that could save children's lives can't get funded. I'm going to be donating a thousand dollars to the cause this evening because I can afford it. I know obviously I'm very blessed to be in that position, but any dollar amount would help. And please help spread the word because I don't know a lot of people and a lot of little donations from people is as good as a several big donations.

Thanks for reading.
MysticWav

Return to Serious Business