I Side With's 2016 Election Quiz.

Serious discussions on politics, religion, and the like.

I Side With's 2016 Election Quiz.

Postby Razmoudah » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:23 pm

I came across this rather interesting quiz on another forum. Here is the line for anyone who wants to check it out. It asks your stance on a variety of issues in the current presidential election, and then ranks the results to see who you match with best, and even has quite a few details beyond that.

Here are my results.

I'm not that surprised with how they landed, even if I do detest Hillary and feel that Trump is the best bet to keep the country going another eight years. I'm not the slightest bit surprised to see I'm a centrist, now that I finally know what the rest of those political ideology terms mean, not that I cared that much in the first place, and it was surprisingly accurate on the themes, considering how often I had to add my own stance because I didn't completely agree with any of the ones listed.

I just thought I'd share it with everyone here, as who knows who'd actually get something out of it.
Razmoudah

Re: I Side With's 2016 Election Quiz.

Postby JustinReilly » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:55 pm

Here's mine
Bernie was my top. I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to get the Libertarian, the Green, and Hillary to tie for second. That's fine, though. Apart from Hillary, those are probably the candidates I detest the least (damning with faint praise.)
JustinReilly

Postby Razmoudah » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:23 pm

What's really fun is if you keep your results up in a tab and then open someone else's results in a new tab it'll actually list how closely the two of you compare on the second tab.
Razmoudah

Postby Tailsteak » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:37 pm

I just did this and, no surprise, wound up with Bernie on the top (96%) and Donald on the bottom (13%)
Tailsteak
Site Admin

Postby Merle » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:26 pm

Sanders, no big surprise.

Though I'm a little curious as to how my positions more closely match Clinton than Jill Stein's.

Got 7% for Trump, and I'm honestly surprised he scored that highly with me. 72% for Kasich - guess I have a Republican candidate I can kind-of root for, now (though we differ on quite a few of my most valued stances, soooo...yeah).
Neither a creeper nor a jackass be; if you manage these two things, everything else should work itself out.
Merle

Postby DanielH » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:26 pm

It gave me a higher percentage for Clinton than I think I actually have. It specifically said I match her in foreign policy, when in reality I didn’t answer most of those questions because I was trying to take the survey relatively quickly. I expect if I took the survey more carefully, my match with Clinton would go down.
DanielH

Postby Drachefly » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:04 am

Clinton/Sanders tie. Sounds about right.

Oddly, this is rounded differently than the one they showed me.
Drachefly

Postby Tem » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:43 am

I didn't even know there was a Green candidate - she has no chance of winning, has she?

She came second after Bernie Sanders, but I suppose that's not the case for most Americans.
Tem

Postby mustang6172 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:01 pm

Bernie

Third time I've taken this test, but it's been awhile and they change the questions.

Jill Stein has no chance, but bless her for trying.

Gary Johnson has a very small chance. If he wins a couple of western states, he can prevent both Clinton and Trump from winning a majority of the electoral college. House Republicans may find him more palatable than Trump.

mustang6172

Postby zylo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:40 pm

I'm surprised that I got Hillary as my number 1 (I'm not much of a fan of her work). Not surprised trump was my lowest.

Jill was my second choice with only a 4% difference with Hillary, but sadly she has no chance of winning.

For me this election comes down to one choice, do I vote for who I actually think would make the best president,or do I vote to make sure trump doesn't win.

I wish that was not the choice I had to make.
zylo

Next

Return to Serious Business