I Side With's 2016 Election Quiz.

Serious discussions on politics, religion, and the like.

Re: I Side With's 2016 Election Quiz.

Postby Killjoy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Horizon wrote:At least Hillary's extreme self-interest is enlightened enough to toe the party line. Besides, a government with Hillary at the helm is one where Sanders and Warren can still get some stuff done. One with Trump at the helm? Nnnnot so much.

The best I can hope for in a Hillary presidency is four more years of gridlock.
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Postby Drachefly » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:24 am

So work on congress. Focus energy there. She certainly is putting in some time, and that is now Bernie's main focus.
Drachefly

Postby Killjoy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:44 am

Drachefly wrote:So work on congress. Focus energy there. She certainly is putting in some time, and that is now Bernie's main focus.

Perhaps you misunderstand.

As far as I'm concerned, the absolute BEST CASE scenario that can come out of the present situation, with Trump vs Hillary and no alternatives due to our lack of viable other parties, is for Hillary to be elected POTUS, and the Republicans to retain control of Congress.

That way, Congress blocks all of her nonsense, and she blocks all of the Republicans nonsense.
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Postby RedSavarin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:42 pm

80% Gary Johnson, 60% Trump for me
I think the most important thing this year is to block Clinton, and the rampant corruption in US government. It's annoying to say it, but Trump is our only chance against it
RedSavarin

Postby Killjoy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:00 pm

RedSavarin wrote:80% Gary Johnson, 60% Trump for me
I think the most important thing this year is to block Clinton, and the rampant corruption in US government. It's annoying to say it, but Trump is our only chance against it

Trump is a serial abuser of the court system for petty reasons, has multiple known-to-be-corrupt advisors, has been caught running a sham university, and has been bankrupt at the cost of other people's money enough times to lose count.

He's certainly not the answer to "how do we stop rampant corruption".
Killjoy

Postby RedSavarin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:20 am

Killjoy wrote:
RedSavarin wrote:80% Gary Johnson, 60% Trump for me

Trump is a serial abuser of the court system for petty reasons, has multiple known-to-be-corrupt advisors, has been caught running a sham university, and has been bankrupt at the cost of other people's money enough times to lose count.

He's certainly not the answer to "how do we stop rampant corruption".

Four times, he declared bankruptcy four times.
Obviously Trump would be, in any other case, a bad choice, but he's never abused the court system enough to get away with mishandling national secrets. Clinton getting president is her getting even more power and control over government and media. When Trump lies, he brags and exagerates stuff he's done. When Clinton lies, she's getting away with crimes.
So yeah, you said so yourself, choice between a shit sandwich and a crap sandwich, and I've made my choice
RedSavarin

Postby Horizon » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:02 am

Trying to cure corruption with Trump is like trying to cure frostbite with IcyHot and a lighter. I can sort of see where you're coming from, but it's really stupid and only going to make things worse.
Pronouns: Active/Passive/Possessive: They/Them/Their.
Orientation: Asexual
Likes their partners the way they like their coffee: they don't like coffee.

Writes a Homestuck/Worm crossover called Hope Springs Eternal, on Spacebattles.
Horizon

Postby Killjoy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:11 am

Horizon wrote:Trying to cure corruption with Trump is like trying to cure frostbite with IcyHot and a lighter. I can sort of see where you're coming from, but it's really stupid and only going to make things worse.

That's my stance on Trump AND Clinton.
Killjoy

Postby JustinReilly » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Clinton may be corrupt and nasty, but she's corrupt and nasty in ways politicians have always be corrupt and nasty. At least we know what we're gonna get from her -- more of the same. Trump will be terrible in surprising and unpredictable ways. After Clinton, everything will be incrementally shittier, but gods know what'll be left after Trump.
JustinReilly

Postby luislsacc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:27 pm

JustinReilly wrote:Clinton may be corrupt and nasty, but she's corrupt and nasty in ways politicians have always be corrupt and nasty. At least we know what we're gonna get from her -- more of the same. Trump will be terrible in surprising and unpredictable ways. After Clinton, everything will be incrementally shittier, but gods know what'll be left after Trump.

Exact line of thought that landed us with a Prime Minister that sold away national funds to friends, was part of numerous corruption schemes (which I am surprised to say he is being investigated for and has actually been detained), pissed money away on superfluous infrastructure, and then proceded to call for aid from the IMF without checking with the Parliment first, and organizing a rushed election so their political opponents would be the ones associated with years of awful recession.

Gun to my head I would take Clinton over Trump, but the Devil you know argument is pretty bad m'kay.
luislsacc

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business