0018 -- Utilitarian Value of Entertainment

Discussion related to Forward

Re: 0018 -- Utilitarian Value of Entertainment

Postby Killjoy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Given her behaviors, I'd say the burden of proof is on those who would claim that Zoa isn't a person.

This future is not so nice.

Where did TS state that she's not a person? Did he state this as his view, or as the view of this dystopian society we're getting a look at?
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Postby Darkfeather21 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Killjoy wrote:Given her behaviors, I'd say the burden of proof is on those who would claim that Zoa isn't a person.

Where did TS state that she's not a person? Did he state this as his view, or as the view of this dystopian society we're getting a look at?

Dunno about everyone else, but to me, his choice of referring to Zoa as It instead of They or She is what told me that he considers them to not be a person.
Darkfeather21

Postby Killjoy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:42 am

Darkfeather21 wrote:
Killjoy wrote:Given her behaviors, I'd say the burden of proof is on those who would claim that Zoa isn't a person.

Dunno about everyone else, but to me, his choice of referring to Zoa as It instead of They or She is what told me that he considers them to not be a person.

That's not unreasonable, but I'm also trying to be fair to TS and make sure I'm not jumping to conclusions.
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Postby Darkfeather21 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Killjoy wrote:
Darkfeather21 wrote:

That's not unreasonable, but I'm also trying to be fair to TS and make sure I'm not jumping to conclusions.

That is also reasonable. As far as I've noticed, he has not stated outright whether he considers Zoa to be a person or not, just that in universe they are not considered one.
Darkfeather21

Previous

Return to Forward