0036 - WALKING DILD-

Discussion related to Forward

0036 - WALKING DILD-

Postby Gildedtongue » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:30 am

Oh, The Walking Dild. I so do love Carol the best in that!
Gildedtongue

Re: 0036 - WALKING DILD-

Postby dr pepper » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:36 am

OP forgot the image.

dr pepper

Postby abcd_z » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 pm

I know it's been said before, but god damn that's one crappy therapist. As a general rule, good therapists don't tell their patients what to do. I do understand why the character is the way it is, of course, because if it acted like an actual therapist there wouldn't be as much conflict of personality and far fewer punchlines, but still.
abcd_z

Postby strange7person » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:24 pm

abcd_z wrote:I know it's been said before, but god damn that's one crappy therapist. As a general rule, good therapists don't tell their patients what to do. I do understand why the character is the way it is, of course, because if it acted like an actual therapist there wouldn't be as much conflict of personality and far fewer punchlines, but still.

I've been thinking about this, and the therapy-bot seems less and less like any descendant of ELIZA, and more like an avatar of a disempowered and marginalized parental figure. Disorientation at the passage of time, disapproving inquiries about these strange new sexually-liberated friends the kid is hanging out with, authoritative tone (going all the way back to "you do not have depression") that edges into desperation just as it's summarily dismissed.

A robot therapist who was properly integrated into all the ubiquitous computing which is such a central part of the story's premise wouldn't need to ask who Zoa was. Even if events inside the apartment while logged off were somehow "private," it should be a simple matter to review footage of the hallway outside and ping Zoa directly.
strange7person

Postby GruntBlender » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 am

Why would a therapist AI have access to security footage? That'd be terrible design allowing a malicious program to easily take over the entire city.
GruntBlender

Postby Killjoy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:08 am

So much current and future technology amounts to someone saying "wouldn't it be great if?" and me saying "no".
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Return to Forward