0089 - Defective accessories

Discussion related to Forward

0089 - Defective accessories

Postby dr pepper » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:36 pm

dr pepper

Re: 0089 - Defective accessories

Postby dr pepper » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:37 pm

They have failed to infuse the wearer with the mammary virtues.
dr pepper

Postby Killjoy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:35 am

This is a really messed-up culture.
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Postby Merle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Killjoy wrote:This is a really messed-up culture.

If you can find one that isn't, let me know.
Neither a creeper nor a jackass be; if you manage these two things, everything else should work itself out.
Merle

Postby Nerdsamwich » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 pm

As far as the author's questions from below the comic, I have to say that in a world where people get to pick their physical attributes, yes, I would feel comfortable making certain assumptions about a person based on said attributes. Y'know, just like we do with tattoos, piercings, hair, and clothes. Your gross morphology in such a world would basically become another layer of clothing, with all of the social cues that entails. I'm honestly not sure why the question was passed so intently, given that the answer seems almost axiomatic. How could people able to choose their looks not expect to be evaluated based on that choice? In the real world, the moral judgements or minds can't seem to avoid making based on personal appearance are rightly a fraught issue, but this fictional construct removes from the equation the party where an unattractive person can't choose to be pretty.
Nerdsamwich

Postby dr pepper » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Well put.
dr pepper

Postby Truec » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:32 pm

Nerdsamwich wrote:As far as the author's questions from below the comic, I have to say that in a world where people get to pick their physical attributes, yes, I would feel comfortable making certain assumptions about a person based on said attributes. Y'know, just like we do with tattoos, piercings, hair, and clothes. Your gross morphology in such a world would basically become another layer of clothing, with all of the social cues that entails. I'm honestly not sure why the question was passed so intently, given that the answer seems almost axiomatic. How could people able to choose their looks not expect to be evaluated based on that choice? In the real world, the moral judgements or minds can't seem to avoid making based on personal appearance are rightly a fraught issue, but this fictional construct removes from the equation the party where an unattractive person can't choose to be pretty.

In fact, this blatantly contradicts the comic itself. When Zoa first showed up and wanted to sell Lee a blowjob, Lee pointed out that an appearance like hers generally tends to indicate the non-presence of a dick.
Truec

Postby tenshiko » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:49 am

Panel 1 and 2, it would have been pretty easy to copy and paste Zoa. Interesting.
tenshiko

Postby strange7person » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:30 am

On the subject of breasts being specifically inefficient dairy dispensers, I'd like to note that they don't just dispense the stuff - they manufacture it. A lactating boob is a massively parallel molecular-scale chemical processing facility, extracting materials from multipurpose feedstock (blood) to provide everything the recipient's growing body needs, as well as coordinating just-in-time delivery across an inconveniently narrow and noisy data channel, while minimizing waste. Even capable of limited self-repair. I'd like to see anybody who could do better, given the techniques that were available at the time. https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index. ... :_Proteins
Truec wrote:
Nerdsamwich wrote:As far as the author's questions from below the comic, I have to say that in a world where people get to pick their physical attributes, yes, I would feel comfortable making certain assumptions about a person based on said attributes. Y'know, just like we do with tattoos, piercings, hair, and clothes. Your gross morphology in such a world would basically become another layer of clothing, with all of the social cues that entails. I'm honestly not sure why the question was passed so intently, given that the answer seems almost axiomatic. How could people able to choose their looks not expect to be evaluated based on that choice? In the real world, the moral judgements or minds can't seem to avoid making based on personal appearance are rightly a fraught issue, but this fictional construct removes from the equation the party where an unattractive person can't choose to be pretty.

In fact, this blatantly contradicts the comic itself. When Zoa first showed up and wanted to sell Lee a blowjob, Lee pointed out that an appearance like hers generally tends to indicate the non-presence of a dick.

Even when clothing is infinitely customizable there would be patterns of typical use. Coordinated colors and patterns calculated to appeal to statistically typical aesthetic senses, all sorts of fiddly cultural legacy code, that sort of thing.
strange7person

Return to Forward