0225 - Perks of the job

Discussion related to Forward

0225 - Perks of the job

Postby dr pepper » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:00 pm

dr pepper

Re: 0225 - Perks of the job

Postby dr pepper » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:01 pm

This session will be closely monitored for quality control.
dr pepper

Postby chelonianmobile » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Gah! I think I made the same face Lee does in the last panel.

Reading the names explanation, now I have the Decemberist's "Rox in the Box" stuck in my head. I suppose we are on the wrong side of the lee...
chelonianmobile

Postby tenshiko » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:33 am

I like how the second a human gets involved in this business it immediately becomes way grosser to basically all of us readers and Lee as well but we're still supposed to believe human sex workers are considered more greatly desirable and trustworthy in all circumstances compared to robots in this society.
tenshiko

Postby Nepene » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:38 am

tenshiko wrote:I like how the second a human gets involved in this business it immediately becomes way grosser to basically all of us readers and Lee as well but we're still supposed to believe human sex workers are considered more greatly desirable and trustworthy in all circumstances compared to robots in this society.

Travis is a male name, and it's a fairly bland name that doesn't sound too sexy, and most people aren't homosexual.

Maybe if it was Jenny people would be happier.
Nepene

Postby kapos » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:56 pm

You also seem to assume that readers are mostly male.
kapos

Postby tenshiko » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:24 am

Why would a male gross Lee out so much? They're post-gender and trying to present themselves in a way "traditionally associated with anatomical concavity". I have to assume it's the words of Travis expressing active desire that are so gross.
tenshiko

Postby turabrez » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:24 am

tenshiko wrote:I like how the second a human gets involved in this business it immediately becomes way grosser to basically all of us readers and Lee as well but we're still supposed to believe human sex workers are considered more greatly desirable and trustworthy in all circumstances compared to robots in this society.

Being leched at by anonymous strangers that you didn't even know were watching and listening in, and who just want to see you (who are not a sex worker) get your sex bits out and do stuff with them, is likely just as gross in Forward as in the present world.
turabrez

Postby chelonianmobile » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:00 pm

Yeah, my point was more that Lee didn't know the human operators (multiple - look closely at the dialogue in the last panel) were there until after they'd been naked around the bot, and the human operators' mannerisms are very frat-boy-ish and catcall-y regardless of their pronouns/name/pants situation. Going "Boo, show us your dick!" to someone who is clearly uncomfortable is creepy as fuck and I would feel violated if I was Lee regardless of the genders involved. A human sex worker would be obviously human from the beginning and have no more reason to make me/Lee uncomfortable than a potentially-sexual interaction with any other human, while what we have here is the equivalent of a camera hidden in a sex toy.
chelonianmobile

Postby chelonianmobile » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:22 am

Also, Travis and their mates are implicitly NOT sex workers. Sex workers would know not to present themselves the way they did. Travis and their mates are a bunch of randos piloting a sexbot in order to gawk at strangers. If anything this is an argument in favour of human sex workers, who... well, with all the implants humans in Forwardverse have it's probably not impossible, but would be much harder to hijack like that.
chelonianmobile

Next

Return to Forward