0028 - In which Zoa might be an emotional support animal

Discussion related to Forward

Re: 0028 - In which Zoa might be an emotional support animal

Postby Killjoy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Merle wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
CycloneDusk wrote:I'm kind of entertaining the opinion that we're all p-zombies.

If you're entertaining an opinion, I don't think you can be a p-zombie.

Cogito ergo sum rears its lovely head once again!

My statement was more specific to the definition of a p-zombie.

If you're wondering whether you're a p-zombie, you cannot by definition be a p-zombie, at least as I understand it.

And while you can't use that to tell if anyone else is a p-zombie, deciding that you're the only person who isn't a p-zombie is well down the road to solipsism.

Merle wrote:I think Lee...could definitely use a few more kicks in the pants, but that's exactly what they appear to be getting, so I'm pretty happy with how this comic's going! Aside from Zoa definitely deserving a hell of a lot more respect than it appears to be getting.

...and I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with using "it" as a pronoun for a sentient being.

I think the constant reference to Zoa as "it" and "a blowjob vending machine" and "knowing its place" is what's really pushing my buttons -- see previous posts.
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Postby strange7person » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:15 am

Killjoy wrote:
CycloneDusk wrote:I'm kind of entertaining the opinion that we're all p-zombies.

What if you're only claiming to?
strange7person

Postby Killjoy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:04 am

strange7person wrote:
Killjoy wrote:

What if you're only claiming to?

*sigh*

The response was to someone saying "I'm wondering if we're all p-zombies".

If YOU are wondering if YOU are a p-zombie, then YOU are NOT a p-zombie, because p-zombies CANNOT WONDER.

That isn't definitive for YOU to decide about anyone else, and it doesn't tell anyone else about YOU, but it does tell YOU that YOU cannot -- cannot -- be a p-zombie.

P-zombies don't have internal experiences, that's inherent in the definition of a p-zombie. If a person is having the internal experience of wondering if they're a p-zombie, then they know they they themself (ugh) are not a p-zombie.
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Previous

Return to Forward