0031 - Pattern analysis

Discussion related to Forward

0031 - Pattern analysis

Postby dr pepper » Mon May 07, 2018 5:21 am

dr pepper

Re: 0031 - Pattern analysis

Postby dr pepper » Mon May 07, 2018 5:25 am

I've done that sort of thing a few times, myself. So have a few other people i've known. If you know enough stories, you begin to recognize elements of them in other stories, especially when the writers are trying to be cutesy, like sticking the word "lyre" in. That doesn't necessarily mean poor story telling, though. And even if you can predict the ending, it can still be entertaining to see how the plot gets there.
dr pepper

Postby Deepbluediver » Mon May 07, 2018 5:40 am

I'm really REALLY wondering how much of Zoa's behavior is programmed in and how much of it is via learning-and-imitation...which I guess would go a long way towards determining if he/she/it should be classified as human.

Here she's seen crossing her legs, which is the kind of thing that COULD be the hard-coded response to a social situation, or could have just been picked up from watching humans. But in comic #30 she awkwardly rubs the back of her neck in panel 5, which I don't think anyone has ever said "this is proper social behavior". Its just a nearly-involuntary reaction when people are feeling just slightly embarrassed and don't know what else to do with themselves.
Deepbluediver

Postby bargamer » Mon May 07, 2018 6:55 am

Alright, unless Lee's Crowning Moment of Awesome involves fighting to give all AI equal rights and all that jazz, in memory of Zoa getting scrapped for not meeting her quota because she hung out with Lee instead of sucking dick, I'm just gonna give up on MY foreshadowing skills.
bargamer

Postby Merle » Tue May 08, 2018 9:34 am

I hate to say it, but...this is sounding more and more like a show I'd like to actually see.
Neither a creeper nor a jackass be; if you manage these two things, everything else should work itself out.
Merle

Postby Killjoy » Tue May 15, 2018 11:18 pm

If Mars is supposed to be producing entertainment, then it sounds like they're failing.
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Return to Forward