0112 - In the future they still maintain the Masquerade

Discussion related to Forward

Re: 0112 - In the future they still maintain the Masquerade

Postby strange7person » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:17 am

Killjoy wrote:It's amazing how I start out skeptical of or unhappy about elements of capitalism... and then almost every anti-capitalist argument someone spews at me... makes me less negative about capitalism.

Yep, it's the worst possible economic system except for all the other ones we've tried.
strange7person

Re: 0112 - In the future they still maintain the Masquerade

Postby Killjoy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:44 am

strange7person wrote:
Killjoy wrote:It's amazing how I start out skeptical of or unhappy about elements of capitalism... and then almost every anti-capitalist argument someone spews at me... makes me less negative about capitalism.

Yep, it's the worst possible economic system except for all the other ones we've tried.

There are a lot of things some people hate because they've never had to live without them -- so instead of looking at the problems and trying to fix them, they believe that we'd all be better off without.

Police.
Money.
Vaccines.
Technology.
Free speech.
Agriculture.
Laws / government.
Etc.

And yes, I've seen people argue for the total abolishment of each, that it's evil and terrible and ruins the world for everyone.

(Never mind that in several of those cases, they immediately replace it with something that does the same things and has the same "powers", they just can pretend it's not the same by calling it something different and putting a superficial twist on it. "My anarchist system wouldn't be might-makes-right, there would be a council of justice and the community would have rotating volunteer watchpeople." "Then you have a goverment, and not anarchy." "Shut up, you disgusting statist pig!")
Likes his women like he likes his coffee... a little sweet, a little spicy, a little strong, a little earthy, a little smokey, totally honest, and maybe a little offended by being compared to a beverage.
Killjoy

Previous

Return to Forward