0122 - Unequal demand means no sale

Discussion related to Forward

0122 - Unequal demand means no sale

Postby dr pepper » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:32 pm

dr pepper

Re: 0122 - Unequal demand means no sale

Postby tenshiko » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Innovative just means new, as we're being reminded, not necessarily good.
tenshiko

Postby FlyingFish » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:18 am

Maybe Lee can take Economics 101 next semester, and learn about supply and demand.
FlyingFish

Postby Nepene » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:53 pm

FlyingFish wrote:Maybe Lee can take Economics 101 next semester, and learn about supply and demand.

Lee should be in demand, since she's providing a very valuable service to Zoa, but Zoa is an idiot and is nickle and dimeing her money source.
Nepene

Postby tenshiko » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:06 am

Nepene wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:Maybe Lee can take Economics 101 next semester, and learn about supply and demand.

Lee should be in demand, since she's providing a very valuable service to Zoa, but Zoa is an idiot and is nickle and dimeing her money source.

One of Zoa's services is emulating how people with a sense of dignity act.
tenshiko

Postby FlyingFish » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:00 am

Nepene wrote:

Very true! I've stated myself in another thread that Zoa should consider the value of improving personal connections with Lee, the better to decrease the odds that Lee will one day decide to find another emotional support aid.

But we're talking about what what Lee is trying to sell right now, and how she's doing it. And the valuable service Lee offers (steady income for Zoa from the school) is not the one they're currently selling (cuddles), nor are they making one contingent on the other. Lee is trying to sell cuddles on their own merits, and Zoa has no reason to want cuddles, from Lee or anyone else. I'm pretty sure Zoa doesn't even has the sensory systems to appreciate even the most expert of cuddling, and Lee's cuddles are not going to be "expert" anyway. (Perhaps Lee could rephrase it as selling "a happier customer.")

Think of it this way: a company may provide me an investment plan which has excellent return. That has value, and I will want to maintain that plan. Now imagine they say "for an additional five dollars, we will also give you a ham sandwich." And imagine the sandwich is thrown together inexpertly with low-quality ingredients, and I am not a fan of ham anyway. Why would I accept that upsell? I would only do it if I knew (or at least strongly suspected) I could not continue to get the plan without the sandwich feature.
FlyingFish

Return to Forward